Corporate Environmental Policy
Ellies believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our Policy extends to:
- Wholly support and comply with the requirements of National Environmental Management Act.
- Minimise our waste and reuse or recycle where practical.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our operations in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources.
- As far as reasonably practicable purchase products and services that have the minimum impact to the environment and encourage our stakeholders to do the same.
- Research the environmental impact and conduct life cycle analysis of processes or products we wish to introduce in our operations to ensure they have minimum environmental impact, whilst assuming a cautious move towards sustainability.
- Continuously improve on energy and water usage, air and water emissions, noise and light pollution as a result of our operations to ensure minimum impact to the environment and the local community.
- Continuously research best practice in order to stay relevant in our industry and ensure minimum environmental impact.
- Continuously monitor our environmental impact and publicly report on our performance.
- Conduct internal audits and annual review meetings to ensure that performance is measured and monitored; and set improved targets and objectives.
- Board of Directors to demonstrate leadership commitment by leading and playing an active role in some environmental initiatives.